Fire destroyed a garage and two vehicles on Beryl Street in Weaverville on Friday night.
The Weaverville Volunteer Fire Department got the call at 8:04 p.m. The blaze was started in the garage as a lawnmower was being worked on. Some gas had been spilled and the spark plugs were being worked on, according to the fire department.
In addition to the two vehicles and the garage being destroyed, the house had smoke damage and the fire got a little ways into the attic, but firefighters knocked it down.
The Weaverville, Douglas City, Lewiston and Junction City volunteer fire departments responded, along with Cal Fire.