A man suffered serious burns in a fire in the Mad River area that appears to have resulted from an illegal butane honey oil lab Tuesday night, Trinity County Sheriff Tim Saxon said.
U.S. Forest Service law enforcement and fire personnel responded to the scene on Lower 8 Mile Road at approximately 8:30 pm. The injured man was the only one there when emergency responders arrived and said no one else was at the property. He was transported to a hospital for treatment, Saxon said.
The fire was contained to the property and there does not appear to be any immediate danger to the public, Saxon said.
Personnel from the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office and Trinity County Environmental Health are continuing the investigation.