In preparation for resuming jury trials in Trinity County, the court is implementing an array of measures to ensure the safety of everyone involved. If you are summoned to appear on Monday, Aug. 10, below is what you can expect.
1. Reduce the number of jurors entering the building throughout the day with a schedule as follows:
► Jurors whose group number is 1-5 will appear at 9 a.m. for check-in;
► Jurors whose group number is 6-10 will appear at 10 a.m. for check-in;
► Jurors whose group number is 11-15 will appear at 11 a.m. for check-in;
► Jurors whose group number is 16-20 will appear at 1:30 p.m. for check-in;
► Jurors whose group number is 21-25 will appear at 2:30 p.m. for check-in.
2. Face coverings will be required at all times while in the courthouse.
3. Health screening and non-contact temperature checks at the door. (< 100.4 to enter)
4. Social distancing will be maintained throughout the entire jury trial process, from assembly to deliberation.
5. Cleaning and sanitizing throughout the jury trial process.
Suggestions for summoned jurors
► Be sure to bring and wear a face mask or face covering.
► You may consider bringing a small container of hand sanitizer with you to the courthouse as an additional precautionary measure.
► Fewer jurors are being summoned, in order to be able to maintain social distancing. Therefore please do appear if you do not have health concerns related to COVID-19.
► Bring your jury summons with you on the day you report, to verify you are a summoned juror.
► Bring your own bottled water, as a common water dispenser will not be available.
► Bring a book, cell phone, laptop, etc. to occupy yourself during jury assembly and selection, as there will be no reading or other materials available.
The court thanks you very much for your willingness to serve as a juror, and to help the court continue to provide this vital function of our democracy during these extraordinary times.